Amazing grain with some stone fruits like apricots, peaches and nectarines- add a little mint and parsley for colour and flavour.
This particular healthy protein packed quinoa salad recipe brightened up with fresh mango, strawberries and blueberries, balanced with a tart vinaigrette and refreshing mint!
Summer Fruit Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup water(235 mL)
- 1½ cups orange juice(355 mL)
- 1 cup quinoa(170 g)
- mango, cubed
- fresh basil, chopped, for garnish
- ½ cup lime juice(120 mL)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a small saucepan bring water and orange juice to a boil then add quinoa, cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Add quinoa to a bowl. Top with strawberries, blueberries, and mangoes.
- In a small bowl, mix lime juice, and honey. Drizzle dressing over the quinoa and mix.
- Top with basil.
Servings Per Container 4
Amount Per Serving
Calories 308.1Calories from Fat 163.8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18.2g28%
Saturated Fat 2.2g11%
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 34.1g11%
Dietary Fiber 4.5g18%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
CHECK OUT THIS VERY SIMILAR RECIPE