Spicy pan seared shrimp marinated in spicy sauce, is ready in just a few minutes. Perfect in tacos, quesadillas, in salads or with veggies.
Here we have a super simple skillet shrimp. Just a few ingredients and all done in the comfort of your skillet. this shrimp works great in tacos, quesadillas, wraps, on rice, with veggies, or on a chopped salad.
It can be marinated overnight or used as soon you marinate it. I used jumbo shrimp but any type of shrimp will work well for this.
It retain the heat but any heavy-duty skillet will work well. Just be sure to heat it on high for at least 2 minutes before adding the shrimp. The heat will cook the shrimp and give them a nice exterior while keeping all the juice locked into them nice and moist.
ALL-PURPOSE SPICY SHRIMP SKILLET
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 5 minutes
TOTAL TIME 5 minutes
- 20 medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 11/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder Optional
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Squeeze of lime Optional
1. In the medium bowl whisk together olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili and onion powder, and salt. Add in shrimp and toss to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes or up to 24 hours.
2. Heat a large heavy-duty or cast iron skillet on high heat for 2 minutes. Add olive oil and shrimp. Cook shrimp in a skillet on medium-heat until pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and finish with a squeeze of lime (optional).