Chocolate Meringue Tart is an amazing dessert recipe that shouldn’t be left out…
It’s easy to make but takes a little time. But it’s worth it because the result is incredible.
You’d definitely love it. Try it and let us know in the comments below. Recipe Below!
Chocolate Meringue Tart
- 1 pre-baked tart shell, 25 cm (9 in)
- 1½ cups chocolate(250 g)
- 1 cup butter(200 g)
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- ¾ cup plain flour(100 g)
- ¼ cup sugar(50 g)
- 6 egg whites
- 1½ cups caster sugar(300 g)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon wine vinegar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder(100 g)
- Pre-heat the oven to 150°C (300°F).
- Gently melt the chocolate and butter together over a bain-marie.
- Once combined, take off the heat.
- Stir in the eggs, egg yolks and sugar.Fold in the flour.
- Pour into the tart shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the meringue by whisking the egg whites with an electric hand whisk.
- Once foamy, gradually add in the sugar, followed by the vanilla and vinegar.
- Whisk until stiff peaks form.Gently fold in the cocoa powder.Spoon on top of the chocolate tart.Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve.
YOU MAY ALSO WANT TO CHECK OUT THIS AMAZING RECIPE