Fillet of hake with mussels and parsley cream sauce by Marcello Tully
This recipe is easy to prepare and it only takes about 45 minutes.
This visually striking dish full of clean flavours, renowned Brazilian chef Marcelo Tully has combined hake fillet with mussels, char grilled aubergines, res peppers and courgettes. This Mediterranean style seafood recipe is easy enough to serve midweek, as well as an aesthetically impressive dish for dinner perties
6 hake fillets, each weighing 130 g
360g of mussels
100ml of water
1 aubergine, large
2 red peppers
100ml of fish stock
500ml of double cream
1 knob of butter
2 handfuls of parsley, finely chopped
1 frond of fresh dill
2 tablespoons of caviar
- Put the mussels in a saucepan and add 100ml of water. Cover and simmer for 1 minute, or until the mussels have opened. strain and leave in the fridge until required. – 360g of mussels, 100 ml of water.
- Cut off either end of the aubergine, courgettes and red peppers. Slice the aubergines and courgettes crossways diagonally in strips no thinner than 5mm, then cut the aubergines into half-moons – 1 aubergine, 2 red peppers, 3 courgettes
- Cut the red peppers into triangles. Place a chargrill pan over a high heat. Brush the vegetables all over with olive oil and, once the pan is hot, cook them for about 45 seconds on each side. Remove and keep warm. – Olive oil
- Bring the fish stock to the boil in a saucepan and simmer until reduced by half. Add the double cream and simmer for 5 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm. 1000ml of fish stock, 500ml of double cream, salt, black pepper
- Heat a large frying pan with a knob of butter. Lay the hake fillets in the pan skin-side down and cook for about 3 minutes on each side. – 6 hake fillets, 1 knob of butter
- Just before serving, stir the mussels and chopped parsley into the sauce. Generously spoon it around your serving plates, then arrange the chargrilled vegetables on top. – 2 handfuls of parsley.
- Add the hake skin-side up. Put the mussels around the fish and garnish with the caviar and fronds of fennel or dill. – 1 frond of fresh dill, 2 tablespoons of caviar.