Double Chocolate and Fruit Breakfast Pastry is another dessert I feel was left out.
It’s easy to make, ready in a few minutes, perfect for breakfast and best enjoyed with family or friends. Try it and tell us in the comment below.
Double Chocolate and Fruit Breakfast Pastry
Servings: 4 pastries
- 1 sheet ready-made puff pastry
- 4 tablespoons chocolate spread
- 2 tablespoons chocolate, grated
- 1 banana
- 4 strawberries
- 1 tablespoon flaked almond
- 1 egg yolk
- dark chocolate, melted, to serveicing sugar, to serve
- Roll out the sheet of puff pastry.
- Using a sharp knife, cut in half diagonally and then again horizontally to make 4 squares. Then cut each square diagonally to make 8 triangles.
- Layer the triangles on a lined baking tray to make a star shape. In each triangle, spread on the chocolate spread (about ½ tablespoon per triangle will be enough).
- Then, in the middle, scatter on the grated chocolate, banana, strawberries, and flaked almonds in a circle shape.
- Fold over the triangles to meet in the middle. Glaze with some egg wash.Bake in the oven at 180°C (350°F) for 25 minutes.
- Cut out each triangle to make a serving.
- Drizzle on some dark melted chocolate, icing sugar or with leftover strawberries and banana.