This recipe is basically based on shrimp. I love shrimp because they are quick-cooking which makes them perfect for 20 minutes recipes. However if you’re not a fan of Shrimp you can always toss in some shredded chicken, or even add more veggies if you want a vegetarian version.
Sear the Shrimp in a large skillet while you make the broth. The broth is so simple, but packed with flavor! simmer together chicken broth, curry paste, and carrots. After 15 minutes your broth will be ready and you’ll add in coconut amigos for a little sweetness, fish sauce for saltiness and lime juice for a little extra zing. All the flavours works well together.
Grab your spiralizer and make your zucchini noodles, pile them up in bowls and pour the broth and Shrimp overtop. top each serving with SCalions and Cilantro. Get ready for a tasty food.
When it comes to using zucchini noodles in soups, i prefer them raw. I find out if you add them in broth and let them simmer, they end up turning to mush. By pouring the broth over the noodles they hold their shape and stay crisp. If you want to take that crunch away, just let the zucchini noodles sit in the broth for a few minutes in your bowl before digging in.
A quick note on the curry paste – I use homemade yellow curry past. I’ve never been able to find a store-bought yellow curry paste, but making it is really simple. I use this recipe from Pinch of Yum. Uf you don’t want to make your own or are in pinch, you can use red or green curry paste. I recommend starting with 1 teaspoon and tasting the broth before adding.
Just a handful of ingredients are all you need to make this quick and simple curry zoodle soup. It’s the perfect summer soup since it’s so fresh and only requires 20 minutes of your time. And, i dont know about you, but i love a good summer soup. Soup i not just for winter people.
Preparation: 5 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 lb Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon Extra-Light Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 6 Cups chicken Broth
- 1 Tablespoon yellow curry paste, red or green will be fine too.
- 1 Large carrot, julienned
- 1 Tablesppon coconut Aminos
- 1 Teasppon Fish Sauce
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 4 Zucchini, spiralized
- Cilantro for garnish (OPTIONAL)
- Scallions for garnish (OPTIONAL)
- In a bowl, combine the shrimp witht he olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over high heat. Once the pan is very hot, add in the and leave untouched for 1 minute. Flip thee shrimp and cook for another 1 minute or so until the shrimp are cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Pour the chicken broth, curry paste, and carrots into the pan an stir to dissolve the curry paste. Bring the broth into mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to low. Allow the broth to simmer for 15 minutes and then stir in the coconut aminos, fish sauce, and lime juice. taste the broth and season wih salt and pepper, if needed. add the shrimp into the broth to warm through.
- Divide the zucchini noodles among 4 serving bowls and top each with shrimps. Pour the broth eqully over noodles, top each portion with cilantro and scallions and serve…. SOURCE: fashionable foods….
We hope to see you soon……