Turkey Taco Stuffed Bell Peppers is a recipe you should consider trying out. I know we all make or prefer Chicken recipes cause we tend to make more of it than that of Turkey’s.
But do not forget, Turkey is great too…Smile
It’s healthy and tastes good, try it out and let us know in the comment below.
Turkey Taco Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 1 lb ground turkey (455 g)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can yellow corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 jar salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- guacamole, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Using a sharp knife, cut off the tops of each bell pepper. Use the knife to help cut out and remove the seeds and ribs from inside the peppers.
- Place the peppers in a lightly greased roasting pan and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Toss in the onion, cumin, oregano, paprika, salt, and black pepper, and sauté until the onions have softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Toss in the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Move the onions away from the center of the pan to create an open surface in the skillet. Place the ground turkey in the center of the pan and break up the meat.
- Move the meat and onions to the sides of the pan to create an open surface again. Pour in the black beans, corn, and salsa and stir the mixture until evenly combined.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the hallowed bell peppers and replace the bell pepper tops.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the bell peppers have softened and wilted slightly.
- Remove the tops of the bell peppers, spoon on a large dollop of guacamole, and replace the tops.
YOU MAY ALSO WANT TO CHECK OUT THIS AMAZING TURKEY RECIPE, YOU’D DEFINITELY LOVE IT