Amazing Strawberry Cheesecake Macarons you don’t want to miss. Takes a while to make but definitely worth the time.
Try this and let us know how it went in the comments below.
Strawberry Cheesecake Macarons
- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar(50 g)
- 1¾ cups powdered sugar(210 g)
- 1 cup superfine almond flour(100 g)
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 8 oz cream cheese(225 g), softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar(120 g)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- strawberry jam
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites until frothy. Keep beating and slowly add the sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Sift the powdered sugar and almond flour over the egg whites. Fold the dry mixture into the egg whites, giving the bowl a quarter turn every third fold. Once the batter reaches a lava-like consistency, transfer half to another bowl and add the food coloring. Mix until just combined. Do not overmix!
- Working quickly, put the white and pink batters into separate small zip-top bags. Cut a corner off of each bag and squeeze the 2 batters evenly into a larger gallon-size bag or piping bag to create a multicolor effect.Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. (Tip: use a little batter to “glue” down the edges of the parchment paper so it stays put). In a circular motion, pipe 1½-inch (4-cm) dollops onto the baking sheet. Lift the baking sheet and gently tap on the counter to settle the batter. Let the cookies rest for 1 hour, until they are no longer wet to the touch and a skin forms on top.
- Preheat the oven to 285ºF (140ºC).Make the filling by mixing the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and milk in a medium bowl until smooth. Transfer to a piping bag and set aside until ready to fill the cookies.
- When the cookies are dry to the touch, bake for 13-15 minutes, until they have risen. Let them cool for 10 minutes. To fill, pipe a circle of the cream cheese mixture around the edge of 1 cookie and place a small dollop of jam in the center. Sandwich with another cookie. Macarons are best kept refrigerated until serving.
- Keep some for me to taste...
- Calories 195
- Carbs 22g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 20g
- Protein 4g