You always know how we do it here at Dishonsea we love to bring to our readers notes about foods that are both healthy and delicious. Blueberry Banana Bread is a healthy bread and also delicious, i’m sure you don’t want to miss this. A breakfast meal is set with Blueberry Banana Bread you could serve with tea or coffee.
Why it is healthy? Bread contains more of Carbohydrate as we all know Carb is beneficial to the body, read below what bread contains and gives the body;
- Calcium. White bread is fortified with calcium and four medium slices per day would provide over 30% of the recommended daily intake of calcium which we need every day to maintain healthy bones and teeth.
- Vitamins & Other Minerals
CLICK HERE to read about health benefits of Blueberry. Credit:Medical News Today
Blueberry Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup 2% plain greek yogurt (120 g)
- ⅓ cup honey (115 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cups wheat flour (195 g)
- 1 cup blueberry (100 g)
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
In a medium bowl, mash bananas.
- Mix eggs, yogurt, honey, vanilla extract, and baking soda into mixture.
- Add flour and mix.
- Add blueberries and gently fold into mixture.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9 x 5-inch (23 x 13 cm) bread pan. Bake for about 50 mins, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle of the bread. (Baking times may vary, so keep an eye on the bread.)
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- Keep a slice for me....