I can say its been a desserts week for us at Dish on Sea, cause we kind of delivered to you more desserts recipes throughout the week.
Dairy-Free Doughnut is an amazing dessert you don’t wanna miss. I bet you definitely going to love this. perfect for breakfast and best enjoyed with friends and family, of course, 12 doughnuts cannot be consumed by 1 person.
Try this and let us know how far in the comment below.
Dairy Free Doughnuts
- Fry Pan
- ¼ cup vegan margarine(50 g)
- ½ cup soy milk(120 mL)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil, plus 1 litre (4 cups) extra for frying
- 2 cups plain flour(250 g)
- ½ cup caster sugar(100 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Gently melt the butter over a low-medium heat. Add milk and 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil and mix together. Once combined, take off the heat and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, half of the sugar, baking powder and salt with a fork. Make a well in the centre.
- Pour the butter mixture into the well. Combine gradually until a thick dough forms.
- Using your hands, roll dough into little flat balls and with your thumb, press a hole in the centre of each doughnut. (You may need to flour your hands for this part to avoid getting sticky!)
- Heat up the litre of oil in a pan. To know when it's hot enough, fry a little bit of bread in the oil. If it goes brown and floats to the top, in 45-50 seconds the oil will be ready!Gently lay the doughnuts into the oil using a spatula. Fry for about 3-5 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Transfer the doughnuts onto some tissue paper to soak up any excess oil.
- Then roll into a bowl of the remaining sugar.