Most weekend dinner goes well with Creamy Lemon Chicken.
Simple, creamy and delicious. Recipe Below….
Creamy Lemon Chicken
Servings: 4 Serving
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup flour(125 g)
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1¼ cups chicken stock(295 mL)
- 1 cup heavy cream(235 mL)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- On a cutting board, cut the chicken breasts in half, widthwise.
- Lay chicken flat and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Gently coat the chicken pieces in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat and add the butter and oil, swirling together to coat the pan.
- Place the chicken breasts into the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip the chicken and cook the other side, another 3-5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Pour ¼ cup (60 ml) of the chicken stock in the pan and scrape up any bits that may have stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the rest of the stock and the cream and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper, and add the lemon juice.
- Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the chicken back to the pan and top with sliced lemons.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken.Remove from heat. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Serve with parsley and extra sauce.