Yummy! Yummy!! YUmmy!!!
Creamy Chicken Mushroom In White Sauce is an amazing Chicken recipe you don’t want to miss. Try it and let us know in the comments below.
Creamy Chicken Mushroom In White Sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1½ Lb (700g) chicken breast boneless skinless
- 1 medium onion diced
- 6-8 cloves garlic
- 1 oz. (30g) sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 10 oz. (300g) mixed mushrooms: King trumpet, Crimini, Enoki, Button, Oyster, Chanterelle, etc sliced
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 sprigs of fresh thyme divided
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet * over medium heat, and brown the chicken, for about 2-3 minutes on each side (at this point, the chicken will not be fully cooked as we will continue to do so, later on, with sauce). Set aside on a plate.
- In the same preheated pan, add the onions, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and mushrooms, and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Take half of the thyme sprigs, pull the leaves off of the stems and add them to the pan. Pour in the chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon*, scraping any brown bits left on the pan's bottom.
- Stir in the heavy cream and reduce the heat. Once simmering, return the chicken to the pan, nestling it into the sauce.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for additional 8-10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with the remaining thyme and enjoy!