Good morning my beautiful readers! I know many of us are mostly familiar with french fries and that what most of us make at home, with friends or with family. But i want to tell you there are more fries than we could thought of, one of the previous published fries was Carrot fries, you can check it out, it’s super amazing and Dish on Sea users are loving it..
Baked Sweet Potato Fries is one of the amazing fries you could possibly want to try out, you’d definitely enjoy it. Healthy and easy to make. Perfect for dinner or lunch.
Baked Sweet Potato Fries 🍟
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- water, for soaking
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- salt, to taste
- shredded parmesan cheese, optional
- fresh parsley, optional, chopped
- Rinse and peel sweet potatoes.
- To cut into fries, cut a small sliver off the edge of the potatoes lengthwise to create a flat side for them to rest on. Turn the potato over to lay on its flat side. Cut each slice lengthwise into three to four fries.
- Place the fries in a bowl of water and soak for one hour. (This helps remove excess starch from the potatoes so your fries will be crispier.) Rinse and dry off.
- In a large bowl or gallon bag, toss the fries with cornstarch until they’re evenly coated. Then add the oil and toss to coat.
- Add the pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and brown sugar and toss to evenly distribute your spices. (Hold off on adding the salt until after baking. This will help make sure the fries are crispy.)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Lay out the french fries, being sure not to overcrowd the pan. (You may need two pans, depending on how large your pans are. Avoid overcrowding one pan or your fries may not crisp up.)
- Bake for 15 minutes. Flip fries with tongs, then bake for an additional 10–15 minutes. Sprinkle on salt (to taste) and serve! Add shredded Parmesan and chopped parsley for an optional garnish.